Re: [ecasound] sliders to ecamegapedal (Re: kladspa? (fwd))

Subject: Re: [ecasound] sliders to ecamegapedal (Re: kladspa? (fwd))
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Sun Oct 21 2001 - 09:13:52 EEST

On Thu, 18 Oct 2001, The Anarcat wrote:

>> On 17 Oct 2001, Arto Hamara wrote:
>>> Had one pretty nasty hang. X was almost completely locked, and seems ecamegapedal
>>> used much memory (several hundred MBs) at that time.
> I had a similar crash under Qt2, for what it's worth.

Memory leaks? No, not in my program! Oh wait...

 8597 kaiv 9 0 185M 185M 7872 0 S 15.7 49.2 ecamegapedal_de

Gulps, is 185MB a lot for a small GUI app? :)

This was actually a libecasound problem, and specific to LADSPA plugin
handling. Ecamegapedal's use of the object maps made the matter much worse
and resulted in the above-kind huge memory leaks. I'll commit the fix to
CVS.