Re: [ecasound] ecawave compiles with gcc-3.0 ?

Subject: Re: [ecasound] ecawave compiles with gcc-3.0 ?
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Tue Oct 16 2001 - 21:01:32 EEST

On Tue, 16 Oct 2001, Junichi Uekawa wrote:

> I am not quite confident if it is the problem with ecawave, but
> it seems to be unable to compile on gcc-3.0 systems...
[...]
> http://buildd.debian.org/build.php?&pkg=ecawave

These are quite interesting.

In hppa+ecawave-0.4.0cvs case the error seems to be autoconf/automake
related. I've never seen this "depcomp" file that autome complains about.

With hppa+ecawave0.4.1 it seems like serious trouble with the C++
environment.

The ia64 also seems to be a std C++ environment, although doesn't look
_so_ bad (--> this probably is not necessarily triggered by all C++ apps).

In the alpha-build it seems that the linker can't find libqt.

So I'd expect most Qt/KDE apps would fail to compile on these
environments...