Re: [ecasound] full-duplex sync

Subject: Re: [ecasound] full-duplex sync
From: CLOTILDE Guy Daniel (guy.clotilde_AT_wanadoo.fr)
Date: Fri Oct 12 2001 - 14:16:53 EEST

Hi

Yes
Ecasound does it.
It's the system (hardware, drivers and kernel) who needs to be tuned.

About the hardware, the best you have, the best it will be but even with a low-end card you can achieve non-noticeable latencies.
With drivers I mean you can try OSS or alsa.
Above all, tuning your kernel can lead you up to a 1,5 millisecond of latency.
A google search with 'morton low-latency kernel patch' should lead you to the one that match your kernel version.

And this is where the real thing begin! ahahahahhaaaaaaaaa!
Well, seriously it's not so easy, but it can be achieved with some readings.

Ah before you try to recompile your kernel, I got to say that for me, it didn't work unless I type 'make mrproper' before 'make menuconfig' on Mandrake.