Re: [ecasound] warning about system freezes

Subject: Re: [ecasound] warning about system freezes
From: martijn (mlina_AT_dds.nl)
Date: Mon Oct 08 2001 - 11:23:23 EEST

Once upon a Mon, Oct 08 2001, Kai Vehmanen hit keys in the following order:

> The bug is triggered in only certain circumstances. I have no trouble
> crashing my smp-celeron with latest ALSA-drivers, but my linux laptop
> (amd-k2, OSS-commercial drivers) has _not_ crashed even once.

I've had total system freezes after upgrading a lot after buying a new
soundcard, so i guess ecasound-2.1.0 has been the problem. my machine is a
amd-k2 450MHz with alsa-0.9.8, normally running at 504MHz. i switched back to
450MHz and have had no system freeze since then, so it has probably something
to do with timing things right.

> Btw; if you feel brave and want to debug this, the old

The system freeze is a kernel bug, so if some brave hero whould like to
debug, start with solving the freezes.

martijn