Re: [ecasound] automake 1.5 not compatible with ecasound ?

Subject: Re: [ecasound] automake 1.5 not compatible with ecasound ?
From: Junichi Uekawa (dancer_AT_netfort.gr.jp)
Date: Fri Oct 05 2001 - 19:05:50 EEST

In Fri, 5 Oct 2001 11:45:56 -0400 S. cum veritate scripsit :

> I lost the original message but:
> Unfortunately, yes, it seems to be true. :( I upgraded my tree today
> and tried to compile ecasound but it failed at the automake step. I
> guess that's what you get for living on the "bleeding edge". I wish
> the Debian maintainer for automake had proceeded the same way
> as was done for autoconf (install the new version as another package)
> because, as it is, I'm a bit stuck. Any idea if the problems can be
> fixed easily? I'm no autotools crack...

It's a difficult problem, because it seems like
automake has redefined its meaning of "if" statements
somewhat, to make it incompatible with previous versions.

Thus, ecasound cannot be built using the latest automake.
The error message suggests some nasty change is
required...

The automake maintainer's message was "distribute ./configure
in your CVS repository", which is pretty unhelpful.

regards,
        junichi

--
dancer_AT_debian.org : Junichi Uekawa   http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer
GPG Fingerprint : 17D6 120E 4455 1832 9423  7447 3059 BF92 CD37 56F4