[ecasound] qtecasound development stopped

Subject: [ecasound] qtecasound development stopped
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Thu Oct 04 2001 - 22:49:18 EEST

Announcement on eca.cx:
"Active development of qtecasound has been stopped at least for
now. Development efforts will instead focus on the main ecasound package."

For most of you this is no news. Very little has happened with qtecasound
during the last year. Now I was the facing the question whether to port
qtecasound to ecasound 2.1.x, and I decided not to, at least not now.

Qtecasound has two basic flaws:
 - instead of providing a GUI for some real-life tasks, it
   provides visualization of ecasound internals... in other words
   it's difficult to do anything useful with it :(
 - it messes way too much with the libecasound internals

I think apps like heteca and eco have much more potential.

Fortunately the work spent on qtecasound is not completely wasted. Lots
of code originally written for qtecasound is now part of ecawave and
ecamegapedal.