Re: [ecasound] One more question

Subject: Re: [ecasound] One more question
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Thu Oct 04 2001 - 00:12:15 EEST

On Wed, 3 Oct 2001, S. Massy wrote:

> The problem with this approach is that it only addresses one feature
> selection (bitrate). What if someone wants to write one file downmixed

True. But getting around this problem is not entirely straightforward. For
instance...

> ecasound -a:1,2 -i:/dev/dsp \
> -a:1 -o:hr_output.mp3,"-b 128" \
> -a:2 -o:lr_output.mp3,"-b 24"

... would depend on command shell's features (ie. "-expansion). Doable,
but not a perfect solution. One thing I've thougth about would be to add
generic parameters to ~/.ecasoundrc. For instance you could have:

ext-mp3-output-cmd = lame -b %1 -m %2 -x -S - %f

And then with...

ecasound -i /dev/dsp -o output.mp3,128,s

... ecasound would fork lame as:

lame -b 128 -m s -x -S - output.mp3

Youd could have as many params you like. And the same thing for ogg,
mikmod and others.