Re: [ecasound] problem with .ewf in ecasound 2.0.1

Subject: Re: [ecasound] problem with .ewf in ecasound 2.0.1
From: Julien Patrick Claassen (julien_AT_c-lab.de)
Date: Fri Sep 28 2001 - 15:56:39 EEST

Hello Kai!
  Thanks for your help, but I think I wasn't descriptive enough. I don't
get a file that is completely not as loud as the original ones, but the
following.
  Assume the three .ewf file 1.ewf, 2.ewf and 3.ewf. They all source
different wave-files at different times. So the output should be 1.ewf
before 2.ewf before 3.ewf. The ouput is put into my_song.wav. The part of
my_song.wav, that represents 1.ewf is not as loud as the part, which
represents 2.ewf, which in turn is not as loud as the part representing
3.ewf. But before I put them together, I normalized each part and while
playing it real-time, I think I got better results. So what can I do about
that problem. That is why I proposed a compressor to get the volumes of
the three song-parts, already stored in my_song.wav nearly equivalent. Do
have an idea, what might cause the problem?
  Thanks for any help and implicitly explaining the loop-handling, I was
looking to work on it for some time... :-)
   Kindest regards
         Julien

Julien Patrick Claassen
jclaassen_AT_gmx.de