[ecasound] Ecasound hangs the system

Subject: [ecasound] Ecasound hangs the system
From: Luis Pablo Gasparotto (luispagasparotto_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Sep 25 2001 - 17:39:16 EEST

Hi all,

I'm using Ecasound-2.0.2 and both ALSA and OSS drivers. I've two soundcards: Turtle Beach Santa Cruz and SB PCI512. I've no problems using OSS drivers but I've problems when I try to use ALSA drivers.

I've compiled ALSA 0.9.0beta7 drivers with OSS compatibility.
SB PCI 512 is ALSA 0,0 ===> /dev/dsp
TB Santa Cruz is ALSA 1,0 ===> /dev/dsp1

When I did:
ecasound -c -i wavefile.wav -o /dev/dsp1

and then:

my system fully hangs. I need to press the reset buttom. I have no problems using /dev/dsp1 with other programs like Xmms, Soundtracker...
I unsuccesfully tried to use native ALSA compatibility.

What can I do to use ALSA drivers?

Thank you very much in advance.

Luis Pablo Gasparotto