[ecasound] kvutils

Subject: [ecasound] kvutils
From: Jeremy Hall (jhall_AT_uu.net)
Date: Sun Sep 23 2001 - 11:04:27 EEST

Hi,

I think it is time to make kvutils its own package and make eca* depend on
it and when you update kvutils such that eca* needs the new features,
update the library version and make configure fuss so you go update
kvutils.

I ran a make a few days ago on the ecasound tree and came back today to
find it had built fine, so I typed make just to make sure and it is now
building things because kvutils was built and then now it wants to use the
new headers etc so it is building again.

This is similar to when I would type make install and it started building
things. What about each eca* requiring libecasound and libkvutils and
those are separate packages, all the ui stuff part of ecasound, ecasound,
ecawave etc.

You may end up with a zillion packages like ardour does, but at least you
will know when something is out of sync easier.

_J