[ecasound] mix question

Subject: [ecasound] mix question
From: Pieter De Troyer (pieter.detroyer@mech.kuleuven.ac.be)
Date: Thu Sep 20 2001 - 21:59:57 EEST

Hi,

I just discovered ecasound, and it look slike it is exactly what i was
looking for. However, i couldn't figure out yet how I can do the
following:

I want to play different pieces of music which fade-in and out into each
other.

e.g.: file 1 starts at time zero and plays for 15 secs, of which the last
three secs are a fade-out. During the fade-out file to starts to play,
with a fade-in of 4 secs. After file 2 comes file three and so on...

the playing at the desired time is easily solved with the ewf files...
so, for each piece of music I made a .ewf file and then started playing
them lik this:

ecasound -a:1 -i:file1.ewf -a:2 -i file2.ewf .... -a:all

this works really fine... now the fades :-) if I apply a fade-in on
channel 3, does it starts fading right from the startof the chain, or does
it start fading at time 'offset', stated in the .ewf file?

thx for your help

pieter