[ecasound] EDI update

Subject: [ecasound] EDI update
From: Kai Vehmanen (k@eca.cx)
Date: Tue Sep 11 2001 - 00:28:20 EEST

I've added a few new EDI items:

(edi-15) More intelligent system for selecting buffering modes
         and sizes for optimal out-of-the-box performance.
         submitted: kaiv, 09.08.2001
(edi-16) More flexible system for assigning controllers of
         controllers (-kx).
         submitted: jhalttun, 02.09.2001

I also added an EDI-page to ecasound's web site:
        - http://www.wakkanet.fi/~kaiv/ecasound/edi.html

The first new EDI-item is a bigger feature I'd like to add to ecasound
2.1.x. Basicly I'd like to have two operating modes for ecasound:
automatic/explicit_params.

In automatic mode (which would be the default), ecasound would try to pick
the optimal parameters (from performance POV) considering the current
chainsetup (non-realtime, multitrack recording, effect processing,
etc) and environment (whether we have root-access, interactive mode
enabled, etc). In explicit-mode, ecasound would work like it does now.

At least the following params would be set:
 - buffersize; -b:x
 - use of per-object buffering (internal buffering);
   -z:intbuf / -z:nointbuf
 - enabling/disabling rt-scheduling mode; -r
 - enabling/disabling double-buffering; -z:db / -z:nodb

The second EDI-item, (edi-16), concerns the controlling controllers
issue (as discussed here few days ago).