Re: [ecasound] Anybody else having problem with ALSA I/O?

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Anybody else having problem with ALSA I/O?
From: Kai Vehmanen (k@eca.cx)
Date: Mon Sep 10 2001 - 22:12:57 EEST

On Mon, 10 Sep 2001, S. Massy wrote:

> Lately (last two or three weeks) ecasound has proved unable to handle
> alsa devices as it used to. Has anybody else noticed this? Anybody
> knows if ALSA's API was changed lately? here's an example:

There were some reports on alsa-devel concerning problems triggered by
plugin had this problem. And ecasound does basicly the same thing so...

You can try the following patch:

ecasound/libecasound/eca-static-object-maps.cpp:
- void *plugin_handle = dlopen(file.c_str(), RTLD_NOW);
+ void *plugin_handle = dlopen(file.c_str(), RTLD_NOW | RTLD_GLOBAL);

... I'll test this myself later today.