[[ecasound] multiple chain problem]

Subject: [[ecasound] multiple chain problem]
From: Phil Freeman (elektron@halo.nu)
Date: Wed Aug 22 2001 - 00:23:45 EEST

hi -

   I got no response to this email so i'll include some more information, I'v tried it on Slackware 7.0,7.1, and 8.0 ( sorry i don't run redhat ). and everytime i try multitrack recording it freezes here with 100%cpu utilization:

bash-2.04# ecasound -d:255 -a:1 -i somefile.wav -o /dev/dsp -a:2 -i /dev/dsp -o track1.wav
* ecasound v2.0.2 (C) 1997-2001 Kai Vehmanen *
(eca-session) Set debug level to: 255
(eca-chainsetup) Interpreting global option "-a:1".
(chain) constuctor: CHAIN
add_new_chains() added chain 1
(eca-chainsetup) Selected chain ids: 1
(eca-chainsetup) Interpreting global option "-i:somefile.wav".
(eca-chainsetup) Interpreting global option "-o:/dev/dsp".
(eca-chainsetup) Interpreting global option "-a:2".

is there something wrong with my command line ?

----- Forwarded message from Phil Freeman <elektron@halo.nu> -----

hello -

   I am ery excited by this software, if only i could only get multi-track recording to work. I have no problems playing wavs or recording wavs, adding effects etc. however whenever i try your "Multi-track recording" examples it hangs.

   I've tried on two separate machines, both oss sound devices. One of them is a sblive value and the other is 'cs4232'. both startup and print out "(eca-chainsetup) Setting Buffersize to (samples) 256." and then freeze with 100% cpu utilization.

  I've also tried without interactive mode or buffers.

  ideas ?

----- End forwarded message -----

--
- phil freeman -