[ecasound] wassup ;)

Subject: [ecasound] wassup ;)
From: Kai Vehmanen (k@eca.cx)
Date: Tue Aug 14 2001 - 21:36:59 EEST

Ok, I hate when free-sw projects slow down and I don't know what's
actually happening behind the scenes. So as ecasound development has been
quite slow during this summer, I guess this is a good time for a status
report.

As I've already mentioned on linux-audio-dev, I've spent most of my time
working on a couple of commercial-side Linux projects, so I haven't had
much time for ecasound. So in a way it was a very good thing that I got
2.0.0 out before summer (even though some things were left out).

I'm going to return to my university studies next month, and that will
probably also boost ecasound development. ;) One big issue I want to spend
time on is the LAAGA/JACK/LADMEA projects that are developed on
linux-audio-dev. For brief info, my http://eca.cx/laaga page provides a
short intro (although now somewhat behind the current state of devel.).

Not directly ecasound-related, but I think this would be a major
feature for all linux audio projects (and developers). For instance, being
able to have an independent softsynth like Greenbox as one ecasound input
object (without major changes to Greenbox code), would be something I
think most ecasound users would appreciate. But let's see what happens...