[ecasound] ecasound syntax

Subject: [ecasound] ecasound syntax
From: toby (tshepard@rcsreg.com)
Date: Fri Jul 13 2001 - 20:22:48 EEST

Hi,

The way I understand it, the output file type
is specified by the extension of the file name.

If this is so, then I would propose that there
are shortcomings to this. I don't happen to
save my wave files with a .wav extension, and
so I have to go through gymnastics to get
ecasound to recognize them:

        ln -s $1 /tmp/$$.wav
        ecasound /tmp/$$.wav
        rm /tmp/$$.wav

and things like that. Also, it leaves me with
no opportunity to specify a header on data that
goes to stdout.

If my take on the situation is correct, couldn't
ecasound read the file type from the header, and
could there not be a flag to specify file type as
well?

Thanks,

Toby