Re: [ecasound] Still cannot get ecawave to work under Redhat 7.1

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Still cannot get ecawave to work under Redhat 7.1
From: Luke Tindall (luke@maths.ex.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Jul 13 2001 - 12:36:26 EEST

On Thursday 12 July 2001 17:27, you wrote:

>But why does it fail? And why such a different behaviour between
> compilers? Maybe it is libstdc++'s fault? I am using the one coming with
> Redhat 7.1.

I got it to compile with gcc-c++-2.96-81 & libstdc++-2.96-8 which ships with
rh7.1, and it runs without any problems. You're probably going to have
problems if you compile ecawave with the egcs compiler wilst qt, I assume
you are using the version shipped, is bound to be compiled with
gcc-c++-2.96-81.
Don't use the egcs compiler on rh7.1 is my advice.

--
Luke Tindall