Re: [ecasound] Problems with Ecawave 0.4.0 and other versions.

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Problems with Ecawave 0.4.0 and other versions.
From: Luke Tindall (luke@maths.ex.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Jun 27 2001 - 11:10:42 EEST

On Monday 25 June 2001 10:58, you wrote:
> I have been experiencing several problems with ecawave 0.4.0. For some
> reason I cannot compile it, but I can install the binaries for it from the
> RPM and when I do that and try to run the executable, I only get a program
> that sits there, and does nothing. No GUI comes up. It just hangs there.
> I was looking around in the strace output and it appears to be looking for
> some graphical files, and finds them all, so I don't know why it hangs.
>
> I am currently trying to compile qtecasound-0.1dev6 and ecawave-0.4.0 but I
> only end up getting problems. From what I can tell, there is some headers
> missing from the ecasound-devel-2.0.1-1.i386.rpm. To test to make sure it
> just wasn't a bad package for the ecawave-0.4.0, I tried to download the
> release before this one, and compile it.
>
> I have almost all of the header files for ecawave-0.3dev7, but I am missing
> the qesignallevel.h. I cannot find it anywhere, not even in the
> development RPM.
>
> I have been looking around with google, and it seems to me that you used to
> include the qesignallevel.h file in your pre-2.0.0 releases. Does someone
> know where this particular file went to?
>
> I am running Mandrake 8.0 with qt-2.3.0 libraries.
>
> If you need any more information from me, please let me know and I will be
> more than happy to supply it.
>
> Zach

I compiled ecawave and ecamegapedel last night on a rh7.1 and experienced
some problems. Even after running configure, adding the options for QT_DIR,
LIB'S & HEADERS the compile failed. The header for the interface.h file
includes the qt headers as if the are located in /usr/include. The rh RPM's
however put the headers in /usr/lib/qt-*/include. I couldn't be bothered to
change all the headers so I just linked the files from the qt include dir. A
botch but it worked.

ln -s /usr/lib/qt-2.3.0/include/* /usr/include

I also did this for the qt lib's (eventhough the /usr/lib/qt-2.3.0/lib was
already added to ld.co.conf).

ln -s usr/lib/qt-2.3.0/lib/lib* /usr/lib

Perhaps the rpm's you installed are trying to load libqt but can't find it.
Compiled fine and I made good use of ecawave for several minutes. Looks
pretty impressive. I couldn't get anything out of ecamegapedal It loaded ok
but crashed the system when I hit start after selecting analyse volume.
How would I specify the native alsa input & output in place of /dev/dsp?
Should the meter be working before hitting start?

--
Luke Tindall