[ecasound] Problems with Ecawave 0.4.0 and other versions.

Subject: [ecasound] Problems with Ecawave 0.4.0 and other versions.
From: Zach (zbaiel@purdue.edu)
Date: Mon Jun 25 2001 - 12:58:31 EEST

I have been experiencing several problems with ecawave 0.4.0. For some
reason I cannot compile it, but I can install the binaries for it from the
RPM and when I do that and try to run the executable, I only get a program
that sits there, and does nothing. No GUI comes up. It just hangs there. I
was looking around in the strace output and it appears to be looking for some
graphical files, and finds them all, so I don't know why it hangs.

I am currently trying to compile qtecasound-0.1dev6 and ecawave-0.4.0 but I
only end up getting problems. From what I can tell, there is some headers
missing from the ecasound-devel-2.0.1-1.i386.rpm. To test to make sure it
just wasn't a bad package for the ecawave-0.4.0, I tried to download the
release before this one, and compile it.

I have almost all of the header files for ecawave-0.3dev7, but I am missing
the qesignallevel.h. I cannot find it anywhere, not even in the development
RPM.

I have been looking around with google, and it seems to me that you used to
include the qesignallevel.h file in your pre-2.0.0 releases. Does someone
know where this particular file went to?

I am running Mandrake 8.0 with qt-2.3.0 libraries.

If you need any more information from me, please let me know and I will be
more than happy to supply it.

Zach