Re: [ecasound] Correct volume

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Correct volume
From: Kai Vehmanen (k@eca.cx)
Date: Mon Jun 25 2001 - 04:12:56 EEST

On 21 Jun 2001, Mario Lang wrote:

> Nice. Thanks for the reminder. Now I have a real problem
> with ecanormalize. It seems as if it wouldn't understand
> -f:s8,1ch,16000 or any other format parameter.
> I need to use it in a pipe between a sound generating program
> and lame..

Ecanormalize doesn't yet understand any parameters. If available, it uses
the input object's audio format, otherwise the default params. Hmm, this
needs to be added on the todo-list.

Btw; using ecanormalize (or any peak-normalizer) with pipes can
     cause problems, as ecanormalize must first analyze the whole
     file, then read the file again, amplify and write to a temp
     file, and finally replace the original with the tempfile.
     But I guess you didn't refer to unix pipes here...