Re: [ecasound] cs-toggle-loop?

Subject: Re: [ecasound] cs-toggle-loop?
From: S. Massy (theanaloguekid@tak.net.dhis.org)
Date: Wed Jun 13 2001 - 23:13:07 EEST

On Wed, 13 Jun 2001, Remco Poelstra <rjpoelstra@home.nl> wrote:

> what not works is cs-toggle-loop without setting an length, or setting the
Yes, that's not new, you always need to set the proctime for looping to work.
> length as given by ai-get-length (59.907 sec in my example). At the end of
> the file the engine says finished. And I actaully need to loop the whole
> file.
That seems to be a bug... I suppose when it hits EOF the engine places itself in "finished" state, overriding the proctime variable and therefore the looping.
> The problem is that the wave file it should work with are very short (0.6
> sec), so I cannot just specify a little shorter time.
> This all is for a little abx (www.pcabx.com for a windows version and info)
> program I'm writting.
>
> I hope you have a solution for the above problem...
Two ways you could overcome this problem until the bug is squashed:
- Specify a proctime one ms shorter than your file length; so if your file is
0.6 sec long you could say "cs-set-length 0.599" I don't think a ms is
enough to make a difference to your ear but it will do the trick for
ecasound's engine.
BTW; even though cs-set-length only reports two digits after the period when
you set it it really takes in account the other digits as well...
- Use EWF for looping: the bug you found doesn't exist with EWF files, so
you could just create an EWF looking like this:
-----
source = test.wav
offset = 0
start-position = 0