Re: [ecasound] No sound through OSS device

Subject: Re: [ecasound] No sound through OSS device
From: Roger Williams (roger@coelacanth.com)
Date: Wed Jun 06 2001 - 04:15:17 EEST

Hi, Kai --

Thanks for the quick reply!

> One known problem case is OSS drivers that don't support the
> OSS-triggering feature...

I don't believe that this was the problem, but I got suspicious of the
driver when ecasound worked fine for me on another machine. So I
downloaded a newer OSS driver (3.9.5 instead of 3.9.3) and discovered
that it now worked with ecasound. So there was obviously SOME feature
that wasn't properly supported by my driver...

What a great package this is! I'm processing 1GB sound files, and
ecasound handles them beautifully. (Now if only it supported .au ;-)

--
Roger Williams                         finger me for my PGP public key
Coelacanth Engineering Inc    consulting & turnkey product development