Re: [ecasound] No sound through OSS device

Subject: Re: [ecasound] No sound through OSS device
From: Anthony (avan@uwm.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 06 2001 - 02:09:14 EEST

* Roger Williams <roger@coelacanth.com> [Jun 05 01 18:03]:
> I apologise if this is a FAQ, but I couldn't find any mention of this
> in the User's Manual, FAQ, or mailing list archives.
>

> ecasound -i sound.wav -f u8,1,8000 -o stdout > /dev/dsp

Ecasound doesn't work this way (at least I've never tried something
like this). You should instead specify the device with the -o option
rather than feeding from stdout:

        ecasound -f:u8,1,8000 -i:sound.wav -o:/dev/dsp

You should look at the examples page:

        http://www.wakkanet.fi/~kaiv/ecasound/Documentation/examples.html

I found this to be the most help when starting. Ant.