[ecasound] Loops weirdnesses

Subject: [ecasound] Loops weirdnesses
From: S. Massy (theanaloguekid@tak.net.dhis.org)
Date: Thu May 31 2001 - 04:13:12 EEST

Ok, so I'm trying to use loop devices to process the channels of a
stereo file separately in rt:

-b:512 -sr:44100 -n:test -X -z:intbuf -z:noxruns -z:nopsr
-a:1,2 -f:16,2,44100 -i:temptest.wav
# We will read our data from that file.
-a:1 -f:16,1,44100 -o:loop,0
-a:2 -f:16,1,44100 -o:loop,1
# Split the data:
# - As loop0 is opened mono only channel one passes through.
# - ch2 is routed to one: -erc:2,1
-a:3 -f:16,1,44100 -i:loop,0
-a:4 -f:16,1,44100 -i:loop,1
-a:3,4 -f:16,2,44100 -o:alsa,sbl
# Read from both loops and combine it back in the output to the soundcard.
-a:2 -erc:2,1
# See above, ch2 becomes the single channel passing through loop1
-a:3 -efl:100
# Channel one would have a lp filter applied to it.
-a:4 -erc:1,2 -efh:15000
# Loop1's single channel is routed to soundcard's ch2 and a hp filter is applied.

Well, it's all nice theoritically but ecasound segfaults when I try this setup, who's responsible, me or ecasound?