Re: [ecasound] ecawave with mp3 files?

Subject: Re: [ecasound] ecawave with mp3 files?
From: Kai Vehmanen (k@eca.cx)
Date: Thu May 10 2001 - 20:00:43 EEST

On Wed, 9 May 2001, Junichi Uekawa wrote:

> I'm experiencing that ecawave does not like playing mp3 files.
> Does anyone have this problem, or is it just me, or is it something that
> should not be done?

Doh, this seems to be a real bug somewhere in ecawave/libecasound code.
When libecasound forks mpg123, the thread manager thread seems to die
right away. And even weirder, qtecasound plays mp3s just fine. So very
strange indeed... damn, I just hate threads. ;)

> P.S. Debian's ecasound should have ladspa support in about 6 hours ;)

Ok, in 2.0.1 (probably released quite soon now), ladspa.h will be back in
the distribution package.