Re: [ecasound] new controller: -klg

Subject: Re: [ecasound] new controller: -klg
From: Kai Vehmanen (k@eca.cx)
Date: Sun May 06 2001 - 22:45:18 EEST

On 6 May 2001, Arto Hamara wrote:

>> Any idea what might be going on here?
> Basically, it's buggy as hell. ;)

Well, ecaenveloptor is working fine so it can't be _that_ bad. :)

> Namely, when setting parameter names point index itself (and not its
> string representation) is added to 'pos'/'val', which yields lots of
> funny ascii-characters (the beep is presumably the bell character).
> You can see this clearly if you set over 32 control points.
> (I think this also concerns -kog)
> I'll fix it next Wednesday(sp?).

Haa, I was quicker. This is fixed in the CVS-tree. Btw; doesn't affect
-kog. The fix was quite small as kvutils provides the kvu_numtostr()
function. This is one of the most used routines in the library... ie. the
number->string problem is quite common. Just makes you wonder why the C++
standard library doesn't provide this basic service. :(

> The function that returns parameter values also has a (stupid) bug
> in it. (Kai, you could fix that: line 113 should read param%2,
> not param&2)

Ok, this is also fixed. (-> CVS-tree).