Re: [ecasound] a SB Live/Alsa Question

Subject: Re: [ecasound] a SB Live/Alsa Question
From: Jeremy Hall (jhall@uu.net)
Date: Sat May 05 2001 - 22:25:42 EEST

and since the lowest frames_per_cycle (ardour) or frames_per_period is 384
for the sblive, trying to set your buffer size less than that will make
xruns.

Running with frames set to 512 made my machine hang, so go figure. I
found the alsa and OSS DO behave differently when it comes to xruns but I
don't recall which one works out better, I think alsa works out better.

_J