Re: [ecasound] list of unresolved problems

Subject: Re: [ecasound] list of unresolved problems
From: S. Massy (theanaloguekid@tak.net.dhis.org)
Date: Sat May 05 2001 - 21:34:19 EEST

On Wed, 25 Apr 2001, Kai Vehmanen wrote:

> Unresolved problems (who submitted):
>
> - .raw file close problem (S. Massy)
> - ewf looping plays the file a bit too long (S. Massy)
> - seg.faults when trying to set non-existing preset params (S. Massy)
> - -z:db system not respecting the -z:noxruns flag (S. Massy)
Not in all circumstances, it is to be noted. I reported this problem too
long ago to remember well, but this bug was only triggered in certain
conditions, otherwise xruns are handled properly, even with -z:db enabled.
I'm not very sure but I think it only happened with overruns, as oppesed
to underruns.
> - chainsetup never reaches 'finished' state with certain
> loop device configurations (S. Massy)
> - fade-in/out problems with ecawave (ben@slumber.dhs.org)
> - whether ecasound works with libaudiofile 0.2 (Michael Pruett)
I don't know if this issue is still actual, but my version of ecasound (last
week's cvs) is compiled against libaudiofile 0.2.1 and everything works just
fine.
> - commas confuse file name handling (S.Massy)
> - initial reverb-spike when using -ete (Anthony Paul Van Groningen)
I had submitted a theory as to what this initial blast of garbage/static
might be due to, did it ever prove right?

> Btw; I don't consider any of the above bugs as critical (= ie. something
> that must be fixed before the stable release). Send me a note if you
> feel differently.
Hm... I don't see anything life threatening hereabove either...