Re: [ecasound] mixing with -ei in eiam?

Subject: Re: [ecasound] mixing with -ei in eiam?
From: Kai Vehmanen (k@eca.cx)
Date: Thu Apr 26 2001 - 02:34:05 EEST

On 4 Apr 2001, Mario Lang wrote:

> My main problems seem to be:
> 1. When I use -ei with only one audio input object, I can specify values >100.
> But when I have more than one aio, I can only give values below 100.

Yes, this is a feature. -ei is a very useful effect, but its
straightforward implementation has a few serious drawbacks. Most
importantly, it is practically useless in multichain setups. :( You should
try the LADSPA pitchshifter plugins instead.

> 2. How can I specify that a aio object should only start after a specific
> time in a chainsetup? It would be great to be able to set the actual

Ewf format's 'offset' tag is one solution.

> to use ewf to set actual starting position, I think I cant use IAM, which
> would be very efficient.

You could have the ewf file open in a separate window (--> or even have
both the chainsetup and the ewf files loaded in your editor).

> Perhaps aio-positions sould be relative to a aio-global-position.

With the recent ecasound versions we now have a global chainsetup level
position. But still, when changing the cs position, all audio objects in
that cs are affected.