Re: [ecasound] A few bugs

Subject: Re: [ecasound] A few bugs
From: S. Massy (theanaloguekid@tak.net.dhis.org)
Date: Tue Apr 03 2001 - 19:34:09 EEST

On Tue, 03 Apr 2001, Mario Lang wrote:

> "S. Massy" <theanaloguekid@tak.net.dhis.org> writes:
>
> [...]
>
> > - You cannot use "~" in file names to denominate a path relative to
> > $HOME. There must be a bug at some point while parsing the command
> > line because you get a "couldn't open file for reading" error. Of
> > course that's nowhere near dramatic but that's a bit well.... bugging.
> I could be completely wrong here, but shouldn't the shell
> take care of the tilde expansion on the command line.
> Or are you refering to interactive mode?
You'd normally think so, wouldn't you? Yet using a tilde to make a
path relative to $HOME works for all other apps I've ever used apart
from ecasound. Moreover, upon your suggestion, I tried the same in
interactive mode and I've found out:
- aio-add-input works fine, selects the file as input object and it
shows up correctly in aio-list.
- Chain setup _cannot_ be connected when one of the objects is a
filename with a tilde in its path.

What could this mean? If the tilde was simply expanded to the value of
$HOME such problem couldn't be, right?