Re: [ecasound] chainsetups

Subject: Re: [ecasound] chainsetups
From: S. Massy (theanaloguekid@tak.net.dhis.org)
Date: Fri Mar 23 2001 - 18:35:00 EET

On Fri, 23 Mar 2001, Roy Cutler wrote:

> I have been working with ecasound for about a week (the synchro problem is
> fixed!) and after a lot of typing and backscrolling on the command line I
> came across references to chainsetup files (*.ecs). How do these work? Do I
> write chainsetups in a text editor and then save them as *.ecs files (i.e.,
You could do that, of course. Or, like me, you could first type your basic
setup at a command prompt (going in interactive mode at the same time) and
then issue a cs-save-as command and then fine-tune it by hand.
> mix1.ecs) using the same format as the command line? If that is so, how do I
> then invoke them?
You just have to issue:
ecasound -s:[filename]

> Here is an example of mix1.ecs:
> ecasound -r -b:2048 \
> -a:1 -i drums.wav \
> -a:2 -i guitar1.wav \
> -a:3 -i leadvocal.wav \
> -a:4 -i rguitar-dis.wav \
> -a:5 -i piano.wav \
> -a:all -o /dev/dsp
>
> Invoking this with "ecasound -s:mix1.ecs" sets the buffer and then dumps me
> out with an error. Just curious what part of this I've got wrong.
You have to save your chainsetup in a file before you could load it, the
above cs would translate to something like:
-----
-r -b:2048 -n:mix1
-a:1 -i:drums.wav
-a:2 -i:guitar1.wav
-a:3 -i:leadvocal.wav
-a:4 -i:rguitar-dis.wav
-a:5 -i:piano.wav

-a:all -o:/dev/dsp
-----
As you can see it is very much like the command line format.
You should probably know also about the cs-edit command in iam which lets you
load the cs in a text editor and reconnect it straight away afterwards, it's
much quicker for experimenting.

Hope it helps,
S. Massy