Re: [ecasound] A few wah presets

Subject: Re: [ecasound] A few wah presets
From: S. Massy (theanaloguekid@tak.net.dhis.org)
Date: Thu Mar 22 2001 - 03:42:53 EET

On Wed, 21 Mar 2001, Kai Vehmanen wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Mar 2001, S. Massy wrote:
>
> > I messed around for a while and found a couple of good autowah presets. It's
> > basically just a lowpass filter moving up and down but it sounds quite nice.
>
> Great! If it's ok to, I'll add these right away to the default
> effect_preset's file.
course, that was the point

> > # I thought I'd add this preset to give those having a midi foot controller
> [...]
> > man_wah = -efl:0 -km:1,%low,%high,%cont,%chan
>
> You know, you're quite good at this bug hunting thing.. ;) The above
> example revealed a nasty MIDI-related bug in the preset code. At least
> for now, MIDI ops are simply ignored in presets...
Actually that's one of the good sides of open source, bugs arise with daily
use much more than in any "organized" testing.

> > Let me add, in the spirit of the pre-2.0 bug squashing party, that
> > there is a bug in embeded parameters; they only work if their preset
> > are in the main presets file (either in the system-wide or user
> > directory), if they belong to a preset in a file you've specified with
> > "-pf" the parameters default to zero no matter what value you tried to
> > pass on the command line.
>
> Are you sure? I just tested with few presets and seems to work. The
> only time I had problems was when I had a connected chainsetup, engine was
> stopped, and I tried to modify presets params with 'cop-set'. Because cs
> is connected, ecasound will send the change requests to the engine, but
> they won't have effect until engine is started...
That's my mistake, I thought specifying a file with -pf was actually equal to
adding the content of that file to any system-wide preset file, I thought it
took the first preset of the file by default but that you could specify any
preset in the file with -pn so I tried something like:
ecasound -i:test.wav -o:alsa,sbl -pf:wah.ecp -pn:aw,1
Well, of course it expected me to give the parameter to aw along with the -pf
option (and aw being the first preset defined I couldn't see that -pn was
being ignored.)
ecasound -i:test.wav -o:alsa,sbl -pf:wah.ecp,1
does work just fine, but it's not possible to access any other preset in
that file...