Re: [ecasound] newbie in need for help!

Subject: Re: [ecasound] newbie in need for help!
From: Kai Vehmanen (k@eca.cx)
Date: Wed Mar 21 2001 - 22:46:46 EET

On Tue, 27 Feb 2001, Marco Ciampa wrote:

> found (sort of) global -y!
> I just do a
> ./ecasound -a:1 [...] -a:2 [...] -a:all -y:nn -o /dev/dsp

Hmm, this shouldn't work. ;) '-y:xx' always affects the last specified
audio object, and ignores chains altogether.

> and
> -a:all -y:m = set global chain start-position to m
> -a:n -y:m = set single chain start-position to m
> you could
> add -t to sigle chain control
> add a -z (for offset) to the chain control, single and global(=all)
> this could be a great improvement to the command line usefulness and a
> more simmetric operation with respect to the interactive mode.

Not a bad suggestion at all. It's just that implementing the above would
require relatively big changes in core ecasound code. The biggest
problem/feature is that chains don't have a "position" attribute.
Currently only audio objects contain this info.

So at least for now, the aim is to keep the cmd-line simple, and put the
complicated stuff into ewf files.

> 2) why not to use gnu gettext? I'm here ready to translate! (in italian
> of course)

Well, I'm definitely not against this. It's just one of those millions
things I haven't had the time to do. But if someone is willing to work on
this, that'd be great. Hmm, I might help in the Finnish translation. :)