Re: [ecasound] newbie in need for help!

Subject: Re: [ecasound] newbie in need for help!
From: Marco Ciampa (ciampix@libero.it)
Date: Thu Mar 01 2001 - 12:25:26 EET

Kai Vehmanen wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Feb 2001, Marco Ciampa wrote:
>
> > I need to create (automatically possibly) some effects like these:
> > 1) in audio track 1 I have some background music that I want to lower of
> > audio level with the presence of voice in track 2 (like some radio
> > broadcast effects). Is it possible?
>
> At least not easily. The new audio stamp system (added in 1.9dev1)
> does allow something like this. Here's an untested example:
>
> ecasound -a:1 -i:bcast.wav -ea:100 -ksv:1,100,0,1,0 \
> -a:2 -i:voice.wav -eS:1 \
> -a:all -o /dev/dsp
>
> Not perfect but should work. Audio from 'voice.wav' is stored into stamp
> '1' (-eS:1). When this stamp is silent, 'bcast.wav' is amplified with
> -ea:100. As the stamp (ie. voice.wav) gets loud, we gradually go from max
> volume to -ea:0, eventually muting 'bcast.wav'.
Many thanks for your help but it doesn't work, it do nothing with
ecasound
1.9dev2 :-(

One little note: if I do a make uninstall it does not uninstall man
pages
so when I have to install a new version of ecasound I do not see any new
feature
in the old man pages installed! I have to manually remove old man pages
before
install new version of ecasound ... :-(

bye

--
Have the courage to take your own thoughts seriously, for they will
shape