Re: [ecasound] small utils under planning

Subject: Re: [ecasound] small utils under planning
From: Kai Vehmanen (k@eca.cx)
Date: Wed Mar 21 2001 - 20:44:05 EET

Once again, answering to old mails...

On 7 Feb 2001, Mario Lang wrote:

>> - MIDI i/o monitor
> Do you plan to add functionality to partly save midi information
> along while recording? I know this would
> get somewhere to a midi sequencer. But saving some timing
> information without later wanting to edit it shouldn't
> be that hard?

Hmm, this might turn out to be more complicated than it seems at first.
Nevertheless, this is something I want to keep in my mind. At least now,
I'd bet my money on a combination of ecasound and a MIDI-sequencer with
some kind of simple synchronation between them.

One potential sw sequencer that could work well with ecasound is
Billy Biggs' ttrk. The web site is at http://div8.net/ttrk/ -
it's a very nice app for MIDI-sequencing.