Re: [ecasound] pyteca 0.0.1

Subject: Re: [ecasound] pyteca 0.0.1
From: S. Massy (theanaloguekid@tak.net.dhis.org)
Date: Tue Mar 20 2001 - 08:22:43 EET

On Sat, 17 Mar 2001, janne halttunen wrote:

> You might actually do something useful with this release! :)
>
> Added a new module, ecaiam.py, which implements ecasound command
> aliasing and variables. It is, however, still very crude:
> tab-completion for EIAM-commands don't work, and some of the internal
> command-names collide with EIAM-namespace, but ..oh well.
>
> You can find it here:
>
> http://www.helsinki.fi/~jhalttun/pyteca-0.0.1.tar.gz
>
> Make sure you have python 2 and pyeca, then run:
>
> $ python2.0 ecaiam.py
>
> Please feel free to comment!

Well, the two biggest problems, to me, seem to be that you don't get
feedback for your commands and that you don't have command completion,
as mentioned above. This said, It seems to be the first stone of what
could be a damn good "shell" for ecasound, looking forward to see it
evolve. BTW, I'd never actually looked up a python script before,
seems like an interesting language, I should learn it one of these days...