Re: [ecasound] pyteca 0.0.1

Subject: Re: [ecasound] pyteca 0.0.1
From: janne halttunen (janne.halttunen@kolumbus.fi)
Date: Tue Mar 20 2001 - 11:13:09 EET

> > Please feel free to comment!
>
> Well, the two biggest problems, to me, seem to be that you don't get
> feedback for your commands

    That depends on the debug-level. You have to set up at least to 2 to have even the 'help' command respond. I first hardcoded it, but then moved it to
iam.conf file, which you can load:
$ python2.0 ecaiam.py iam.conf

> and that you don't have command completion,
> as mentioned above.

    Yeah, this would be nice. You've noticed, that you can shorten the internal commands? (like: writing 'al' instead of 'alias') With ecasound, it would be nice
to have the list of commands without having to type them in yourself (for shortening or tab-completion). So, Kai, how about 'get_commands' -method in ECI? (or
is it frozen already?)

> This said, It seems to be the first stone of what
> could be a damn good "shell" for ecasound, looking forward to see it
> evolve. BTW, I'd never actually looked up a python script before,
> seems like an interesting language, I should learn it one of these days...

    Yep, it's a milestone. Good if it sparked your interest.

jsh