Re: [ecasound] Synchro saga: some background

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Synchro saga: some background
From: Roy Cutler (rcutler@bigfoot.com)
Date: Mon Mar 19 2001 - 03:06:55 EET

Hi Kai,

On Sunday 18 March 2001 18:50, you wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Mar 2001, Roy Cutler wrote:
> > To overdub:
> > ecasound -b:256 -r -z:db -f:16,2,44100
> >
> > > -a:1 -i drums.wav -o /dev/dsp
> > > -a:2 -i /dev/dsp -o guitar1.wav

> Few suggestions/questions:
>
> - try adding the option -z:nointbug ; this _shouldn't_ be
> be necessary in any recording situation, but still, it's
> worth a try
> - how are you monitoring the recorded signal (using the soundcard's
> line-in monitoring, or for instance, playing an acoustic instrument
> so you hear the "real" signal)

I've tried it both ways, both hw-monitoring and line-in. (see response to
Teppo). the -z:nointbug feature didn't change anything.

> - add "-d:255" to the cmd-line (enabling max debugging info) and
> search for line ""(eca-main) sync fix: " ... what's the printed
> sync-offset value?
When I did this the the value was "8".

Thanks, Kai, and thanks for all the time and energy that you put into this
software. I'm sure that when I get it working it will be quite powerful.

-Roy

--
Roy Cutler
rcutler@bigfoot.com