Re: [ecasound] Compile error

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Compile error
From: Kai Vehmanen (k@eca.cx)
Date: Tue Mar 13 2001 - 12:16:06 EET

On Mon, 12 Mar 2001, William Goldsmith wrote:

> On a RedHat 7.0 install (2.2.16-22) with OSS pro drivers, ecasound-1.8.2r14:

RedHat 7.0 comes with a snapshot version of the GNU C++ compiler. This
version unfortunately chokes on perfectly valid C++ code, and even worse,
code that was compiled fine on older compiler versions. So a result, many
C++ apps fail to compile under RH7.0. We made few fixes to get around this
problem in ecasound 1.9dev1, so you should just upgrade ecasound (1.9dev4
is the latest). As we are approaching a stable release, these 1.9 versions
should be just as stable as 1.8.2r14 ...