Re: [ecasound] Loops: can someone explain?

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Loops: can someone explain?
From: Kai Vehmanen (k@eca.cx)
Date: Fri Mar 02 2001 - 02:10:56 EET

On Wed, 28 Feb 2001, S. Massy wrote:

> Silly me! Thanks for that. Now the cs connects fine but I only get
> silence, also I noticed something funny:

Be sure to check the signal path you are building. You need to
run your signal first to loop-output. You then add a loop-device
with the same id-number as a input device. The loop device always copy
data from loop-outputs to loop-inputs.

> - [ Chainsetup/Enabling audio inputs ] -------------------------------------
> (eca-audio-objects) Audio object "test.wav", mode "read".
[...]
> - [ Chainsetup/Enabling audio outputs ] ------------------------------------
> (eca-audio-objects) Audio object "loop,0", mode "read".
[...]
> Reading when you're supposed to OUTPUT does indeed produce silence. Why

This does look a bit weird, but doesn't (or at least shouldn't) cause
problems. Loop-devices which share the same id-number, actually all point
to the same audio object.