[ecasound] Ecasound Newbie. A simple problem.

Subject: [ecasound] Ecasound Newbie. A simple problem.
From: Francesco Colferai (yagelist@radiofujiko.it)
Date: Tue Feb 27 2001 - 12:06:30 EET

First of all hi everybody and tnx to who made this GREAT tool.
I work in a Radio and im currently using ecasound to make the transmission archive of the last 90 days.
So i use ecasound with compressor from /dev/dsp and i pipe all on notlame which encode everything at 16Kbit.
My problem is that sometime someone ask me for a good quality recording of the on air events. Ive only an audio board and im wondering if it was possible to make something like that:
ecasound -eca -i /dev/dsp -o file.mp3 (in ecasoundrc notlame is configured for 16kbit etc) in the background (its lounched from inittab). And then when i want id like to be able to do someting like that:
ecasound (another session) -i /dev/dsp (its busy i know :( ) -o stdout | notlame with different params).
I will also need to be able to launch this from a C program so that the users will use a window$ interface which send a socket request to the linux box which starts recording. Im using OSS with SB128 (ESS).
Tnx in advance,
Yage.

--
Vermouth always makes me brilliant unless it makes me idiotic.
Warning this mail can contain Skazzo(TM).