Re: [ecasound] newbie in need for help!

Subject: Re: [ecasound] newbie in need for help!
From: Kai Vehmanen (k@eca.cx)
Date: Mon Feb 26 2001 - 01:36:55 EET

On Fri, 23 Feb 2001, Marco Ciampa wrote:

> Ok. Problem: I have a sample quite large from wich I want to play a
> little piece in the middle of it mixed with others chains in the
> starting position of my play. How can i do it?

Ok, I little summary of ways to modify object position and lenght:

- to skip the beginning of an audio file, use the -y option
  "ecasound -i:file.wav -y:20 -o /dev/dsp" -> play file.wav
  from 20.0s to end-of-file
- alternative way to do the above is ewf's "start-position"
  parameter
- to play an audio file at a certain point in time,
  use ewf's "offset" parameter

... so coming back to your question, either use "-y", or then an ewf-file
with "offset" set to 0 and "start-position" set to the appropriate value.

> I thinked to shift all the chain's offset but now I need to start
> ecasound at a given position for all the chains and I do not see any
> command line switch to do it. I see the general time limit command (-t)
> but not the global start...

You're correct, there's no command to do a "global -y".

 . http://www.eca.cx/aivastus ... [ aivastus net radio ] /\ .