Re: [ecasound] newbie in need for help!

Subject: Re: [ecasound] newbie in need for help!
From: Kai Vehmanen (k@eca.cx)
Date: Mon Feb 26 2001 - 01:57:00 EET

On Thu, 22 Feb 2001, Marco Ciampa wrote:

> I need to create (automatically possibly) some effects like these:
> 1) in audio track 1 I have some background music that I want to lower of
> audio level with the presence of voice in track 2 (like some radio
> broadcast effects). Is it possible?

At least not easily. The new audio stamp system (added in 1.9dev1)
does allow something like this. Here's an untested example:

ecasound -a:1 -i:bcast.wav -ea:100 -ksv:1,100,0,1,0 \
         -a:2 -i:voice.wav -eS:1 \
         -a:all -o /dev/dsp

Not perfect but should work. Audio from 'voice.wav' is stored into stamp
'1' (-eS:1). When this stamp is silent, 'bcast.wav' is amplified with
-ea:100. As the stamp (ie. voice.wav) gets loud, we gradually go from max
volume to -ea:0, eventually muting 'bcast.wav'.