[ecasound] newbie in need for help!

Subject: [ecasound] newbie in need for help!
From: Marco Ciampa (ciampix@libero.it)
Date: Fri Feb 23 2001 - 00:53:06 EET

I've go two wav files that I wish to listen to in a
(1)random order,
(2)starting from a random point in time,
(3)at a random startpoint (in the audio file)
(4)and with a random end (less that the lenght of the audio file(s))
the first 3 points, no problem, but the point 4 makes me truble...
When I try to do a command like this:
ecasound -a:1 -i:1.ewf -a:2 -i:2.ewf -a:all -o /dev/dsp

with in 1.ewf and 2.ewf respectively

source = 1.wav
start-position = 8.000000
offset = 5.000000
length = 2

and

source = 2.wav
start-position = 000000
offset = 000000
length = 20

the result is a segfault at the end of the 1.ewf

What is wrong?

-----------------------------

I need to create (automatically possibly) some effects like these:
1) in audio track 1 I have some background music that I want to lower of
audio level with the presence of voice in track 2 (like some radio
broadcast effects). Is it possible?
2) create some fadein/fadeout effects in an audio track given some
start/end point

little Italian ecasound howto

Many thanks in advance

--
Have the courage to take your own thoughts seriously, for they will
shape