Re: [ecasound] ecasound versus ecatools and more

Subject: Re: [ecasound] ecasound versus ecatools and more
From: Marco Ciampa (ciampix@libero.it)
Date: Fri Feb 23 2001 - 19:12:22 EET

On Fri, Feb 23, 2001 at 10:42:11AM +0000, Conrad-von-Soest-Gymnasium
wrote:
> Hi all!
> First of all, Kai I didn't use the ecatools a lot, instead I love
> more t=
> o work with ecasound directly. Sometimjes I used the normalizer
[..]
> but the displaying it in console-mode is a porblem. Unfortunately
> I CAN'T=
> use any gui!
me too!!! I REALLY agree!

> A last small problem we had in handling .ewf-files with
> 1.8.5d15. This =
> was installed on a suse 7.0 linux system working on a laptop with
> a prope=
> rly installed alsa 0.5.8b I think. I tried the following first:
> ecasound -i test1.wav -o my.ewf
> That didn't work.
I use ecasound v1.8.2r14 and I use Mdk 7.2 and this is working on my
platform.
Perhaps is it a flaw due to the development version you are using?

> Then I wrote I small .ewf-file on my own. I just wanted to start a
> file a=
> t a specific offset. I first divided a wave in two parts and then
> edited =
> the first part. Then I tried to get them together again. At last I
> conver=
> ted them to raw and connected them with cat, but that is not the
> way I wa=
> nted it to be.
> Please can anyone of you give me some answers to my questions?
In the examples (see examples.html) there is a real similar command that
should work (if not consider upgrade ecasound).

bye

--
Have the courage to take your own thoughts seriously, for they will
shape