[ecasound] Effects

Subject: [ecasound] Effects
From: Nolan Darilek (nolan_d@bigfoot.com)
Date: Fri Feb 23 2001 - 18:26:15 EET

I'm extremely new to multitrack recording/editting. I've asked in
different forums about what the various effects do, but the usual
response is "try them out and see." While this is extremely logical,
ecasound confuses me with the large number of parameters that it
offers for the various effects. I'm sure this will be excellent when
I'm more competent with the effects, but now I'm stumped.

A few weeks ago I discovered
http://www.guitarplayers.net/lessons/lesson07/lesson07.html which has
an excellent introduction to some effects, but with the vast amount of
parameters which ecasound utilizes I haven't been able to have much
success with this. I'm wondering if there is a more expanded effects
introduction which offers some insight to what the various parameters
do? (I.e. with reverb, how should the room size and various
percentages be altered to produce different effects?)