Re: [ecasound] we need bigger releases!

Subject: Re: [ecasound] we need bigger releases!
From: Junichi Uekawa (dancer@netfort.gr.jp)
Date: Wed Feb 07 2001 - 05:51:25 EET

In Tue, 6 Feb 2001 20:50:38 -0500 (EST) Jeremy cum veritate scripsit :

Hello,

This is an interesting question, and I would like to feed in some opinion.

Since people are prone to make mistakes (even when making a stable release),
1.9.1 should also be reserved for "stable release" too. (like
"oops, I forgot to bump up the version number in file foo")

Then, for development versions, we could have something like,
1.9.1.dev.(development-number) (well, it doesn't really matter
how it looks like)

Having "d" and "r" seems rather confusing to new ecasoud users
to say the least.

<note>

I am in favor of very long version numbers, but that's probably because
Debian versions of ecasound already has them that way. For example,
if I had to include an update to the woody release of Debian with an
ecasound after woody has been released,
it would be called something like.

1.8.5d15-9woody0

</note>