Re: [ecasound] small utils under planning

Subject: Re: [ecasound] small utils under planning
From: Mario Lang (mlang@home.delysid.org)
Date: Wed Feb 07 2001 - 13:18:34 EET

Kai Vehmanen <k@eca.cx> writes:

[...]

> How do you feel about these? Have these little utils like 'ecaconvert',
> 'ecasignalview', etc been of use to you?
PErsonally, I found ecasignalview very nice, especially
because it is a console app.

> My plan is to continue concentrating on use-case specific utils. First in
> line are:

[...]

> - MIDI i/o monitor
> - ncurses-based utils for monitoring and interpreting
> MIDI-traffic
> - code for MIDI parsing will be added to libecasound,
> so why not use it
> - package: ecatools
This thing sounds quite interesting.

Do you plan to add functionality to partly save midi information
along while recording? I know this would
get somewhere to a midi sequencer. But saving some timing
information without later wanting to edit it shouldn't
be that hard?

--
CYa,
   Mario <mlang@delysid.org>