[ecasound] problems with -kl

Subject: [ecasound] problems with -kl
From: Jeremy Hall (jhall@uu.net)
Date: Fri Feb 02 2001 - 01:32:02 EET

Hi there,

I have noticed that if I do:

ecasound -i file.raw -o file.raw -c

then
-ea:2000

that works fine

but -ev if inserted before then seems to produce results that aren't quite
what I'd expect. Also if I decide I want to change amplitude but do not
wish to do it in an intrusive way, (live performance) I could do

-kl:1:500,1500,10

that would raise the first parameter of -ea to 1500 from 500 in 10
seconds...but...after that, it is no longer possible to cop-set that value
to anything. It also is difficult to remove items with cop-remove, it
seems only way to fix that is c-clear

c-clear ALSO has the unwanted side-effect of dumping several samples,
making a HUGE xrun.

Ecasound needs a setting to decide what to do with a XRUN. If a XRUN is
detected when you're multitrack recording, you don't really want to
continue...but if ecasound is providing a live feed to something, a XRUn
is tough biscuits and we MUST MUST MUST continue, unless operator wishes
to kill us.

_J