Re: [ecasound] ecasound not parsing .ewf files

Subject: Re: [ecasound] ecasound not parsing .ewf files
From: Steve Morris (morris@buinea.com)
Date: Thu Dec 28 2000 - 06:22:14 EET

Hi,

I was trying to play around with some looping in ecasound and I noticed
that .ewf files were not acting properly. This appears in both latest
devel release as well as the version in CVS.

I just looked at the code briefly but I found that placing a call to
load() in audioio-ewf.cpp restored the functionality. Hopefully this was
not disabled for a good reason and I've also found the right place to
put this.

void EWFFILE::open(void) throw(AUDIO_IO::SETUP_ERROR &) {
    child_active = false;

    ewf_rc.resource_file(label());
+ ewf_rc.load();
    read_ewf_data();

Thanks to Kai for ecasound. I haven't turned on my 4 track in months.

Steve